• Staff Applications: CLOSED
  • Bans issued on or after 01 Oct 19 may only be appealed if made in error
  • Bug reports are to be lodged in game via /bugreport
  • IC - Applications for Honours & Awards are open
Ash

Promotion application for: L-16

6mv6SRE.png

PROMOTION APPLICATION

ANY COPIED APPLICATIONS WILL BE AN INSTANT 1 MONTH WAIT TO REAPPLY FOR A PROMOTION

Section 1 - General Information

1.1) First Name:
Ricardo

1.2) Last Name:
Bowman

1.3) Rank:
Leading Senior Constable

1.4) Callsign:
L-16

Section 2 - DISCIPLINARY RECORD

List all disciplinary over the last two months:

Place answer(s) here.

None.

HIGH COMMAND APPLICATION

Section 3 - WHY DO YOU WANT TO BECOME A SERGEANT 

3.1) What could you bring to your High Command Team?

I can bring good leadership skills from my time in TAC, and can be a good role model for newer officers on General duties.

I am hardworking and enthusiastic to prove myself and show that I can fit the role of a leader in the PD.

3.2) How have you improved/mentored an officers ability?

Yes, From my time in TAC, I was required to mentor the new trainees and bring them up to the standards that are expected from TAC officers, I believe that this will help my train the new recruits in GD activities and mentor them to become good officers.

3.3) Why should you be put into the High Command Team?

I should be put into the High Command Team so that I can prove myself as an officer to my peers and mentors and even train myself to become a full leader one day.

3.4) Select 5 sections out of the Standard operating procedure and explain what they mean to you.

Section 1, in my opinion, this is the most important section, if people are following the rules, this section will keep them professional, it also shows people the ranking system in which needs to be followed.
Section 2, this section is also very important, this section outlines the importance of when to use appropriate force, including 2.2 requiring officers to show their ID/Badge number when asked by any civilian or police officer, and how officers should communicate with suspects.

Section 3, this section outlines the rules and regulations of vehicle use within the force, including when you should be using certain vehicles, when you can perform actions like pitting the vehicle, when you should terminate the pursuit, the codes in which you should be using when driving around and the rules about bike use. this one is very important to me, it kills me inside when I see people going unfair in pursuits and wanting to win it every time, this section stops that.

Section 5, Especially while trying to acquire a High Command position, Section 5 could be deemed one of the most important sections for some officers, It tells High Command officers what they can do in some situations while also informing lower ranking officers what they can get in trouble for.

Section 4, This section informs the readers about a few rules and procedures around the sub-role departments, this section does not apply in the most part to the average GD Police officer, but should still be read over regardless. From being in the TAC branch, it is very important that my team and others are informed about what we are doing and the rules that we must follow so that people do not break the rules.

Section 4 - PLEASE ANSWER THE BELOW QUESTIONS TO YOUR BEST ABILITY

4.1) From Section 1 Officer Conduct, what are the three administrative duties that an officer on admin leave can accomplish?

Prisoner Transports,

Processing offenders,

Dispatch duties.

4.2) From Section 3 Vehicle Procedures what must happen when shots are fired in a vehicle pursuit and when can tactical contact be made when to an civilian?

If the pursuit is too dangerous at that point, all officers must break off, If there is a trained TAC/CMD with AW training, They may attempt to take tyres under AW rules, if the opportunity comes up, Highway can approve a pit manoeuvre. 

Tactical contact can be made if HWY approves, and when the pursuit has lasted 4 minutes, if on a bike the suspect must be going 50km or less.

4.3) From Section 5 High Command Procedures, when may you send an officer in your command off duty?

You can send an officer off duty if they have committed an act of misconduct and if that act is not in question or under investigation/ if the act is only minor.

4.4) From the 2018 Crimes and Corruptions Act, what are the three points that state that an individual has committed an offence of bribery?

Provides benefit, Causes a benefit to be provided or offers/promises to provide a benefit to another person.

4.5) How many factors need to be met for reasonable grounds and how many points do you need to prosecute someone for their crimes?

You need 10 points of prosecution to prosecute a suspect, 2 points for reasonable grounds.

Section 5 - PLEASE ANSWER THE BELOW SCENARIOS TO YOUR BEST ABILITY

5.1) If a suspect requests a lawyer outline the steps that you would take, starting from the request up until the lawyer is privately talking with the suspect. Also, state the time length you would give your suspect to prepare his or her defence and to communicate with a lawyer in confidence:

Give the suspect a phone so they can contact a lawyer, Once a lawyer is contacted, They have 10 minutes to arrive, if they do not arrive, you are allowed to send the suspect off to jail.

5.2) If you see two general duties officers having a verbal disagreement in the car park, How would you handle the situation?

Split the two officers apart as that is not okay fighting with another officer, Speak to both participants separately to try and sort out the situation and come up with a fair solution.

5.3) If an officers is wearing unauthorised armour/ firearms ,

a) how would you approach the situation

Just inform the officer that they have the wrong uniform/ equipment.

b) if proceeds not to follow set orders what would be your next step in this situation

Depending on the severity/repeat offences, report the officer for insubordination.

Section 6 - DECLARATION

6.1) I understand that by filing this application , it does not automatically guarantee a promotion

6.2) Filling out this application is in my own words, if I am found guilty of copying somebody elses application I will automatically accept a 1 month wait period before I can re apply again

Edited by Ash

Evening Leading Senior Constable Bowman,

I am here to advise you that we have received your application & it is currently under review by the SAPF HCMD team
We will be in contact if we require any further information.

Please keep in mind this is a lengthy process & may take some time and we appreciate your patience.

Best Regards,
Auxiliary Sergeant, Luca Mendez

SAPF High Command

Edited by Leav1athan

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines.